The Energy Stakeholder Group is tasked to address energy and Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions associated with its use and generation. The Plan will evaluate electric generation, electric use, and on-site combustion in the Finger Lakes region by building type (residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional). The Plan will consider short-, medium- and long-term strategies that will address:
- The energy efficiency of existing buildings;
- Energy building standards for new construction;
- Financing tools that support energy efficiency and renewable energy investment;
- Innovative ownership, financing, or leasing mechanisms for renewable energy systems; and
- Community-scale energy systems.
The Plan also will evaluate cost, potential energy savings and related GHG emission reductions for each strategy.